Transport of animals
COMFORT, SPEED AND SAFETY
The Boby-Fleisch company has the capacity to transport any number of animals within the whole of the Czech Republic. Thanks to the so-called Eurolicence we can also transport animals within other EU countries. Membership in the ČESMAD BOHEMIA craft association enables us to work in other countries as well.
Our transport carriages are equipped with a number of innovative components, which contribute to the comfort and welfare of the transported animals. The transportation principles, which we maintain are a guarantee that your animals will be transported fast, comfortably and without the danger of injury, loss and unnecessary stress.
At present we are introducing the monitoring of individual trucks via satellite. This system makes it possible to closely monitor the operating costs, the keeping of set transportation routes, and above all the transparency of the service for the customer.
LEGAL ARRANGEMENT OF TRANSPORT OF ANIMALS WITHIN EU
Conditions of animal transport within the EU are determined by the Order of the Council (ES) about protection of animals during transportation and connected activities and about the change of regulations 64/432/EHS and 93/119/ES and order (ES) No. 1255/97
The subject matter of transportation of livestock is regulated in Chapter II. of this agreement.
…and in the Czech Republic
The valid Czech legislation regulating transportation of animals ensues from the international agreement and recommendation stated above. It is Law No. 246/1992 of the Collection about protecting animals against cruelty, where the third part deals with protection of animals during transportation. Here the principles of animal transportation, loading, unloading, requirements for transportation vehicles, requirements for care, watering and feeding animals durign transportation, route planning and registration of a transporter of animals are defined.
The individual regulations of this law are developed in Decree No. 193/2004 from 13. 4. 2004. This decree accurately defines the conditions for gaining the certificate and expert qualifications of a transporter of animals, registration proceedings, requirements for unloading devices, water consumption, necessary space for individual animal species during transportation and the like.
Working hours of the drivers
The working conditions and schedules of the drivers is regulated by the Order of the European Parliament and Council of harmonization of some regulations in the social sphere concerning road transportation, about the Change of the Council Order (EHS) No. 3821/85 and (ES) No. 2135/98 and about cancellation of the Council Order (EHS) No. 3820/85..
MERITS OF OUR TRUCKS
Our trucks are equipped with a number of components which substantially contribute to the improvement of environment and climate during animal transport, calming them and reducing the risk of transport stress leading to possible loss. The equipment of our trucks is guided by welfare principles and meets all legislative requirements for animal transportation in the Czech Republic and within the EU.
- Wide hydraulic headboards with high sideboards on these containers allow safe loading and unloading of animals on any ramp and from the ground as well.
- Every individual floor is equipped with partitions which divide animals into small groups so that the crowding of animals and their possible trampling cannot occur.
- Every cabin contains a watering device for the cattle and pigs being transported.
- On hot days the containers are equipped with a system of nozzles which sprinkle water to humidize, cooling the air and the transported animals.
- All trucks are equipped with lighting, and ventilators for a constant supply of fresh air in case the truck is forced to stop.
- The sideboards of the truck are furnished with hinged lamellas which can be opened or closed according to the current climatic conditions.
BENEFITS OF SPF TRANSPORT
- The incoming air is filtered through 18 UV lamps which can dispose of more than 99% of microbes and viruses
- Efficient heating which maintains a stable temperature inside during frosty weather
- Heated water feeding system which secures supply of water during severe frosts
- Automatic disinfection system
- High pressure cleaner
- Loading platform with a lift ensures a reverse system during unloading from the upper floors
The incoming air is filtered through 18 UV lamps which can dispose of more than 99% of microbes and viruses
Description of SPF transport »
Reliable undercarriages from Volvo have been used by Boby-Fleisch s.r.o. since its foundation. We use extensions from Menke - Janzen, Cuppers and Pezzaioli. The vehicles are regularly serviced by the authorized Volvo service and all of them are registered in the programme called GOLD which secures the shortest possible time of service within the whole Europe. The vehicles are equipped with the latest innovative accessories which enhance safe and comfortable transport of animals.The trucks contain a number of innovative components, which contribute to the safe and comfortable transportation of the animals.
Volvo FH 13 + Cuppers 3OZ4
Volvo FH 13 + Menke - Janzen N 35
Volvo FH 13 + Menke - Janzen MJ 24
Volvo FH 13 + Menke - Janzen MJ 24
Volvo FH 13 + Menke - Janzen MJ 24
Volvo FH 13 + Pezzaili RBA 32
Truck monitoring (GPS)
WE HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL
Our company has in its trucks the most modern satellite navigation which saves you time and contributes to reduction of operating costs.
Moreover, in all our trucks we use the Lupus kontrolor GPS system which serves to monitor the trucks during rest, allowing the trucks previous movements to be searched.
All our trucks have been equipped with the Volvo Dynafleet communication system, which allows the trucks to be monitored on-line, communication with the driver, and the monitoring the operating costs (consumption, driving in economic revolutions, obeying the speed limit).
The system allows the customer to create private access codes to access their order and information about the truck via web interface. For example, they can find the current position of the truck, the route covered, the state of the order (loading, unloading) and even communicate with the driver.
The Boby-Fleisch company is one of the few companies providing animal transportation guided by the principles of welfare and well-being of transported animals. These principles include above all:
- Quenching of hunger and thirst
- Prevention of emergencies, injuries or illnesses
- Prevention of fear and stress
- Creating conditions for natural behavior of animals.
These generally formulated requirements are in practice represented by the following factors: feeding, watering, stalling, temperature, humidity, air circulation etc.
Beside these conditions regulating the environment of animals, there is also an important set of principles laid down to prohibit unnecessary arousal or excessive stress, for example transportation of the animals in a way that causes pain, suffering or health impair. The trucks of the Boby-Fleisch company allow easy maintenance of all of these principles.
Why is welfare important?
Keeping welfare principles is not a mere accommodation to the legislation requirements, but also contributes to the reduction of animal loss during transportation. It results in the improvement of meat quality.
On the contrary, unsuitable conditions of transport (these include also contact with unknown animals) cause anxiety, stress and exhaustion. The result are undesirable deviations during the maturation of meat after slaughter. To put it simply, the influence of stress and exhaustion cause premature degradation of energetic supplies in muscles, which shows in reduced quality of meat.
MAIN PRINCIPLES OF ANIMAL LOADING
- Prefer the use of herding barriers to the use of electric prod.
- Monitor the health of transported animals, removing injured and ill animals from transport.
- Use of all partitions the container is equipped with.
- When lifting the floors in the loading space, the back door of the container must be secured and the lifted animals must be monitored to prevent injury.
- When loading cattle, set the height of the upper floor and the roof so that the transported animals cannot be injured.
- When transporting breeding animals, secure harmless bedding.
- After completing loading, check that all floors, doors and back headboards are secured.
- According to weather adjust the opening or closing of the side lamellas.
Main principles during transportation
- The crew must adapt their driving to the character of the transported load to eliminate sharp intrusions in driving (slow start, smooth drive, slow driving through turns etc.).
- In case of stopping in hot weather immediatelly switch on side ventilators and water sprinklers.
- During safety breaks check the health condition of the animals.
- When unloading the animals, again prefer the use of herding barriers to electric prods.
- After every unloading of animals the crew must perform mechanic cleaning and then disinfection of the truck in a specified place. Every cleaning and disinfection must be recorded by the crew into the operating logbook of the truck and this must be submitted to controlling bodies when requested.
- The course of each drive is recorded in the handover of goods record. This document, in which the route of the drive, the number and category of animals, course of the drive and possible faults found are stated, is signed by the crew of the truck and the persons who overtake the animal.
The number of animals transported by the Boby – Fleisch, spol. s r. o. company is continuously increasing. The Czech Republic is following the trend of developed European countries in which transportation of slaughter and breeding animals is the domain of specialized companies.